2018 Mentor Partnership Program
THE BENEFITS OF MENTORING
Everyone, regardless of years of experience in the field, can benefit from the sage advice of a mentor at some point, or several points, in their careers.
The AFP Hampton Roads Mentor Partnership Program is designed to support and nurture fundraising professionals in the Hampton Roads area by pairing advanced development professionals with those members who are new to the field of fundraising, contemplating a career change, or seeking expert guidance in order to provide one-on-one assistance that will enhance your knowledge and skills as development professionals.
These mentor partnerships will:
- Offer the opportunity to work one-on-one with seasoned professionals in the field
- Create a positive relationship with a colleague who will serve as a one-on-one mentor and professional counselor
- Provide an trusting, open and honest environment that respects confidentiality
- Foster a culture of congeniality and good will within the Hampton Roads fundraising community
To participate in the Mentor Partnership Program, you must:
- Be a member in good standing of AFP Hampton Roads
- Submit an application by the deadline
- Be open to frank discussions and constructive advice
- Be committed to maintaining professionalism in the field of fundraising
- Be willing to make a six month commitment to this program
- Applications will be available February 20, 2018
- Deadline for Spring session application – March 30, 2018
- Partnership assignments made, notice to applicants made by April 30, 2018
- Partners to meet, by phone or in person, on a monthly basis May – September, 2018
- Second application period for winter session: August 30th, 2018
- Winter partnership session: October 2018 – March 2019
The partnership will be for an initial six-month period, with the option to renew the partnership on the agreement of both parties.
Allison Bough Connie McKenzie
Linda Dyer Kitty Schaum
Victoria Dietz Kay Stine
Anna Goldenberg Virginia Thumm
Tricia Hudson Russell Turner
For more information on the Mentor Partnership Program, please contact Chair, Virginia
Thumm, at email@example.com.