Call for 2017 Presenters
2017 AFP-Hampton Roads VA Educational Luncheons
Proposals Accepted by Friday, September 30, 2016
The AFP Hampton Roads Chapter invites you to share your knowledge, ideas and experience in a 45-minute educational lunch and breakfast session followed by a brief time for Q&A.
The chapter is working to expand educational offerings in 2017 for members residing/working on the Greater Peninsula. Presenters will have an opportunity to present at one or both locations.
Southside Monthly Luncheon Programs (January-October)
Attendance averages 50-75 nonprofit professionals at all levels of career experience. Networking begins at 11:30 am, with the program starting at noon on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at the Town Center City Club in Virginia Beach, VA.
Peninsula Quarterly Breakfast Programs (New in 2017)
Estimated attendance 15-30 nonprofit professionals at all levels of career experience. Networking begins at 8:30am, with the program starting at 9:00am. Venue: TBD
Educational topics may include:
- Annual giving
- Board recruitment, development & engagement
- Capital & endowment campaigns
- Corporate and foundation fundraising
- Donor relations and stewardship
- Grant writing
- Major giving
- Managing the development office and team
- Marketing and public relations
- Online fundraising and social media
- Planned giving
- Small shop and grassroots fundraising
- Special events, sponsorships, and cause-related marketing
- Volunteer leadership
Your proposal should include:
- Your name, contact information, and brief bio
- Title of the presentation and a brief summary, including educational goals or objectives for attendees
- Target audience’s experience level: beginner 0-3 yrs, intermediate 3-10 yrs., advanced 10+ yrs.
- List of any sessions you have presented previously for AFP or another fundraising–related organization, and ratings if available.
- If co-presenting, provide name, contact information, and bio for co-presenter
- List of the top 3 preferred months in which you would prefer to present, or an indication that you are flexible regarding dates
- Please indicate your preference: Southside Luncheon, Peninsula Breakfast, or Both.
- Email your presentation proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: If speakers wish to make handouts available, they are responsible for providing copies of their handouts to all session attendees. Handouts may be emailed immediately after the session. Priority for consultants will be given to those who make an effort to co-present with at least one professional from the nonprofit sector.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please contact AFP Hampton Roads Chapter Administrator with questions.
Janet D. Dungan, Chapter Administrator
Association of Fundraising Professionals VA, Hampton Roads Chapter
AFP Hampton Roads, P.O. Box 2338, Norfolk, VA 23501