Chief Development OfficerCompany: WHRO Public Media
Date Posted: August 2, 2017
Chief Development Officer - WHRO
This position reports to the President and CEO of WHRO and is responsible for developing and managing all areas of philanthropic support – specifically annual membership and major giving, planned giving, underwriting and grants.
Responsibilities include: the supervision of an 8 person staff; planning and budgeting to reach overall departmental goals; primary staff liaison for and management of the activities of the Board development committee; development and implementation of strategies to achieve annual giving and pledge drives goals; complementary materials and efforts to enhance annual giving, such as direct mail, telemarketing, CFC campaign, tax substantiation letters and targeted approaches; identifying and cultivating major donors; major and planned gift solicitation; and building the endowment. Personal qualities sought are excellent speaking, writing, communication and on-air skills, a devotion to the values of integrity, respect, humility and hard work and a passion for the mission and products of WHRO.
- This is a full-time salaried position requiring a four-year college degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years senior non-profit fund raising required.
- Proven organizational and supervisory skills with demonstrated ability to maintain successful interpersonal relationships with staff, contributors, board and volunteers.
- Requires excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge/experience in donor prospecting, research methods and techniques, broadcast and digital sales and grant writing necessary.
- Comfort with on-air fund raising appearances required.
- Team building ability to enhance operational culture and recruitment of community relationships highly desired.
- Experience with development database required (SalesForce a plus) and Microsoft Office software experience preferred.
To apply visit our website at: http://corporate.whro.org/employment-opportunities/job-listings
WHRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer