Prospect Management Manager ICompany: Eastern Virginia Medical School
Date Posted: May 25, 2017
Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS) in Norfolk, VA is an academic health center dedicated to achieving excellence in medical and health professions education, research and patient care. We strive to improve the health of our community and to be recognized as a national center of intellectual and clinical strength in medicine. As one of the nation’s only academic medical centers founded and funded by its local community, EVMS serves as an integral community partner to industry organizations, academic institutions, health-care entities and area municipalities, while also being a primary economic driver and health-care workforce developer for the Hampton Roads region. For more than 40 years, EVMS has translated research and discovery into better patient care, and served as a catalyst for the region’s medical renaissance. Today, along with educating physicians, we offer health professions programs designed to meet emerging health-care needs, as well as the demands of an ever-expanding health-care job market that affect lives around the block—and around the world.
EVMS is seeking additional team members to support a comprehensive campaign. Candidates are encouraged to apply sooner rather than later to afford the candidates an opportunity to be a part of the initial campaign phase. Prior campaign experience is helpful.
EVMS seeks a highly energetic professional to join an award winning development team in the role of Prospect Management Manager I. Recognized as the area’s Outstanding Nonprofit Organization in 2014 by the Association of Fundraising Professionals Hampton Roads Chapter National Philanthropy Day event, EVMS has developed creative, resourceful and inspired campaigns, initiatives, projects and techniques that have grown and increased our fundraising infrastructure, program and results.
The Prospect Management Manager reports to the Director of Prospect Research and Advancement Services, and manages a comprehensive prospect management and research system in accordance with the Development Office’s strategic fundraising goals. This position manages and supports the Moves Management process for highest priority prospects and implements procedures and training for Development staff; evaluates, updates, and manages the Moves Management System in Raiser’s Edge; Prepares and distributes prospect management reports that support planning and decision-making; plans and organizes regular meetings with all portfolio holders to assign prospects, monitor timely movement through the pipeline, and develop and enhance strategy to convert prospects to donors; Analyze giving patterns of individuals, corporations, and foundations; Conduct research and prepare/ update profiles on new prospects to determine propensity and capacity using a broad range of online and offline resources; Lead and participate in prospect rating and screening process. Supervise and complete data entry. Develop new analytical reports that provide accurate projections of gifts in the pipeline and demographic snapshots of prospect pool and determine areas for program emphasis and enhancement. Assist Technical Support Analyst and Prospect Research Analyst with various research projects. Work schedule will require weekends, evenings, and extended hours as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus three years’ experience in fundraising prospect research/management, database analytics and fundraising operations is required; experience in higher education or healthcare non-profit a plus. The successful candidate will have:
- Skill and ability to apply knowledge of computerized donor development systems (preferably Raiser’s Edge) is required; Knowledge of data mining methodology and predictive modeling is a plus; Advanced data entry creation and maintenance skills is preferred
- Upper level management ability to write proposals, reports, and correspondence. Ability to synthesize complex ideas and data into concise yet motivational messages to secure philanthropic support. Ability to speak effectively before groups and individuals of varying backgrounds and levels of sophistication.
- Ability to review, analyze, and manipulate complex statistical data for solicitation purposes. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and calculate figures such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages.
- Proficient application of privacy laws, ethical standards, and protocols in dealing with highly sensitive information with a high degree of judgment and discretion is required
- Training through APRA seminars and workshops is preferred; a high level of competency in prospect development as defined by APRA’s Skill Sets and Body of Knowledge is preferred
- Highly detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required; proficiency in Access is desirable
- Must have a driver's license. Weekend and evening work will be required.
Full details about the position, requirements, and applying for this position can be found by searching for Prospect Management Manager at this link: EVMS Careers
EVMS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, and Drug and Tobacco Free workplace.